Relocating a shed

by Mel
(Dover, AR)

I live at a rent house with no storage. I have at least 160 sq ft of stuff in a portable container at my house (costing me over $80 a month). I want at least the 160 sq ft (really need a bit more) If I build it I want to be able to move it or sell it to someone when I move, if I move etc. etc.

What is the largest size you would recommend for building and then being able to move it later to another location?

Comments for Relocating a shed

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 04, 2010
Shipping Container
by: Anonymous

If you can have 160 square feet, buy a used shipping container. When you want to move it, you can just put it on a truck

Feb 15, 2010
shed size, considering moving
by: Len

In our state and cities (with some exceptions), sheds under 120 sq. ft. are not regulated under building code requirements, setbacks from property lines, etc..

This may be true in your state or where you may want to move. If so, I recommend building a shed that can be moved (perhaps even in panels), and keeping it to 120 sq. ft. maximum!

Hope this helps.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Questions on moving a shed.

Custom Search

shed building course

Keep in touch with our monthly newsletter

Shed Building Monthly




Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Shed Building Monthly.