Moving Miss Rosies Shed

by Rosy
(S. Oxon.)

I want to have my garden shed dismantled, moved and rebuilt in a different part of the garden.

i have approached the original manufacturer for help but to no avail so far.

Should I just get a local joiner/carpenter to do the job?

Comments for Moving Miss Rosies Shed

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Aug 05, 2014
Sounds like a good idea!
by: John

Hi Rosie,
I am assuming that this is a timber shed that it was supplied by a local shed company. Are there any guarantees in place that are still in date? The original supplier may only guarantee their workmanship in the future if the work is done by them.

However, sheds are pretty low tech and most local carpenters should be able to construct a new shed base for you, dismantle the existing shed and rebuild it in the new location. The main thing to watch is that you allow for new roofing in the new location. Most roofing materials that I can think of would be damaged by the dismantling process.

You might also want to consider getting the tradesperson (yes you might find a lady to do this work!) to give the shed a new coat of paint or preservative whilst they are working for you, just to finish the job off nicely.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Questions on moving a shed.

Custom Search

Keep in touch with our monthly newsletter

Shed Building Monthly




Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Shed Building Monthly.