|Back to Back Issues Page|
December 01, 2008
Welcome to Shed Building Monthly - Issue No.4
Contents1. Win $50 in the "Paint My Shed And Save The Planet" Competition.
2. Latest articles at Secrets Of Shed Building.
3. Your Secrets Of Shed Building.
1. Win $50 in the "Paint My Shed And Save The Planet" Competition.The environment is in the news every day. In my day job, undertaking structural design of ancillary buildings to sheds (you know.....houses, flats, offices, schools, hospitals etc!) consideration of the environmental impact of new buildings has rocketed up the agenda in recent years.
It is important that we build sustainably and discussion of the best way to achieve this end is key.
As my own small contribution to this debate I have started the "Paint my shed and save the planet” competition, at the eco-shed competition page.
I hope this competition will be both fun and educational. By considering your top three eco features it will help to ensure that ‘green washing’ does not take hold.
There is intended to be some good humoured and informative discussion around this topic so feel free to offer comments and suggestions (all of these are moderated). I also hope that this will bring forward ideas that you are interested in and will generate future pages of interest to readers of Shed Building Monthly.
Special Note to Shed Building Monthly ReadersI am keen to get this competition off to a flying start. I will create a gallery of all entries received before next Sunday evening 7th December and put this on the competition entry page. Having a slot in this gallery should give you a head start with page views and commenting.
Please mark your entry 'Shed Building Monthly 4' to make sure that I include you.
Get your entry in soon!
2. Latest articles at Secrets Of Shed Building.The top feature in new content this month has to go to the shed video page. Time lapse film of shed building are always great fun and should really be listened to with Benny Hill music in the background, but I think the banjo doesn't sound too bad either!
Keeping the shed organized is always challenge, I hope this article on shed organizers gives you a few tips to keep the clutter under control.
The most efficient form of shed building has to be using panels made of sheet material with 2x4s to form the walls. The traditional way however was using Post and Beam Construction.
3. Your Secrets Of Shed BuildingThe first contribution to our Shed Builder's page was by Jo-Anne Peck of Historic Shed, based in Florida. Well worth a look at our Historic Shed page and their web-site. Images of tropical Florida make me feel very jealous sitting here in the cold grey drizzle of December in the UK!
Next month I hope to be able to report on the first entries in the eco-shed competition.
Go on get involved!
Have a great Christmas.
Thankyou for reading Shed Building Monthly
|Back to Back Issues Page|